Dearborn, MI Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain Veneers have been used to improve the appearance of patient’s smiles for decades. These veneers are effective at protecting teeth from damage as well as aesthetically improving the patient’s smile. Placing these veneers on affected teeth is quick, easy and requires very little anesthesia. There are many advantages to veneers and they have countless benefits associated with them.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Natural Looking Smile | Other materials can be used to create veneers but porcelain is by far the most natural looking. Other materials, like resin composites, do not mimic the light reflecting properties that natural teeth have as well as porcelain does. This is one of the reasons Dr. Mei prefers to place porcelain veneers rather than resin composite veneers.
- Stain Resistant | Porcelain veneers are also much more effective at resisting stains than resin composite veneers. Since one of the main reasons patients get veneers placed is for protection and an improved appearance, porcelain is most popular.
- Durable and Long Lasting | Porcelain veneers are a long lasting approach that can drastically improve the quality of the patient’s smile. On average, porcelain veneers can last as long as 10 years before they have to be replaced. No special care is needed for them either, making them an easy and durable option to improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Consultation and Planning | The first step to getting a more attractive smile with porcelain veneers is to meet with Dr. Mei for a consultation to determine the best way to get the results you desire. X-rays and an impression of your mouth will be taken to ensure the porcelain veneers fit perfectly.
- Preparation | The next step to getting porcelain veneers is for Dr. Mei to prepare your teeth for their placement. This involves removing a small layer of enamel to give the veneers a place to sit. A mold is made and is sent off to a laboratory where the porcelain veneers are manufactured.
- Placement | It usually take a week or two for the veneers to be sent back from the laboratory for their placement. Once they are in our office we will numb your mouth and in some cases give you anesthesia. Dr. Mei will trim the porcelain veneer to fit your tooth perfectly then bond it to your natural tooth using a special dental cement.
If you are interested in veneers or any of the other services we offer at West Village Dental Care in Dearborn, you can contact us here to set up an appointment or call us at 313.563.4466.